Frequently Asked Questions

Finger Prints:

The Police District cannot fingerprint for job applications or licenses.

May 1, 2013 L-1 Enrollment Services is now known as MorphoTrust USA. www.morphotrust.com

The New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) announced that effective January 2010 they will only accept electronic fingerprint submissions.DCJS has established a contract with a New York State approved vendor, L-1 Enrollment Services (L-1). L-1 has begun and will continue to deploy LiveScan systems in multiple locations around the state, including some areas covered by mobile units. A complete list of L-1’s existing and planned live scan site installations can be found at
. Select “NY”.

The benefits of electronic fingerprint submission are many, specifically, improved turnaround time to facilitate the issuance of licenses requiring fingerprinting. As compared to the current process, electronic fingerprinting will provide fingerprint results within 48 hours to facilitate the issuance of licenses requiring fingerprinting. Applicants requiring fingerprinting will be directed to schedule an appointment with L-1 online at www.morphotrust.com or by calling (877) 472-6915.

Common Inquires:

What is the PWPD mailing address? Port Washington Police District 500 Port Washington Boulevard, Port Washington, NY 11050

How do I get a copy of a summons or report? Contact the Records Clerk Here: records@pwpd.ny.gov

Do you have New York State Department of Motor Vehicles forms? Yes, the most common forms are available in our lobby but you can also download them free from the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles website.

How do I pay for a Summons or Tickets? You can pay a parking ticket online here.

Where is Nassau County Traffic and Parking Violations Agency (TPVA) located and how do I get there? Please follow this link for directions.

What is the summons fine schedule? Information can be found here.

How do I find out if a sex offender lives in my area? An update list is available from the New York State Department of Criminal Justice Services on their website here – select the Sex Offender Management link.

Copy of Reports:

A copy of a report or a ticket can be requested by contacting the records clerk:

PHONE: 516-883-0500 ext 306

EMAIL: records@pwpd.ny.gov

FAX: 516-883-4708

Crime Statistics:

Crime statistics for Port Washington are available.

Index Crimes:

Violent and Property offenses are reported to the New York State Department of Criminal Justice. Multiple years of data are available here.

NOTE: You maybe required to fill out a freedom of information request (FOIL).